- Creativity, Curiosity and Courage
- Extensive (10+ years) Retail Management Experience with demonstrated success in hiring and managing a team
- A great sense of style and an interest in art, design and décor.
- Recruit, interview, train, manage, schedule and evaluate staff.
- Set Sales Staff KPIs: sales performance, merchandising efforts, customer feedback, etc. Help establish sales incentive programs.
- Set financial goals, sales targets and deadlines to meet them
- Manage the store from open to close, take monthly inventory and manage shrinkage reports (theft and breakage)
- Artist / Vendor management and new artist / vendor discovery (includes attending trade shows and active involvement with our Social accounts).
- Develop engaging and exciting marketing campaigns to attract new customers and retain current ones; develop new in-store and external promotions (advertising, social media, flash sales, etc.)
- Liaise with PR / Marketing team on campaigns, providing inventory assets (photography, product descriptions, artist bios, etc.) and briefing them on new campaign ideas.
- Help manage receipts and paperwork for bookkeeper and accountant.
- Coordinate deliveries from vendors and auction houses to the store or storage units.
- Work with event planners: direct them and make decisions regarding events.
This is a high-level role. The store owner will be very involved in getting you up to speed on the vision and mission for the store. After that you will be expected to take the reins and lead. There will be much more to it than what’s listed here and it’s going to be fun! Cain Sloan is a brand-new home décor store featuring work by local Brooklyn artists (and others not from Bklyn), vintage finds, upcycled fine furniture and custom accessories (pillows, blankets, etc). There are opportunities for pop-up collaborations with artists, floral designers, interior designers and others. There will be a café space that can be as big or small as we want it to be (depending on demand) and event space for… events!
Compensation commensurate with experience. Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Expected date of hire: July 15 - 31, 2021, possibly earlier.
Send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com